Monday 24 October 2011

C'est La Folie

I'm not a great fan of books written by expats living in France.  Too often they seem to be collections of anecdotes about how funny and frustrating the French are.  I once counted about fifteen of these books on the bookstand of a cross channel ferry.  So it was with a little scepticism that I opened Micheal Wright's book about his attempt to find adventure in France.  My father had recommend and sent it to me so I felt slightly obliged to give it ago.  At first I sneered at his references to his plane, another rich expat I thought.  But I persevered and have to admit I am actually enjoying it.  The book is actually quite amusing and not as disparaging of the French as these books usually are.  I haven't finished yet but so far so good.
Crying with laughter last night as I read about him transporting sexed up ship in his espace.

No comments: